All food manufacturers, and anybody involved in the production of food, must understand food hygiene principles and have the knowledge to keep food safe from chemical, physical, bacterial, and allergenic contamination.
This Level 2 course is suitable for anybody who prepares, cooks, packages, or processes food in a manufacturing environment. You will learn what constitutes best practice in regards to controlling food safety hazards, controlling temperatures, food storage, food preparation, personal hygiene, and premises cleaning.
Through completing a variety of written text, interactive exercises, and video content, you will be confident in your ability to keep food safe and know how to comply with food hygiene law.
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Matches REHIS elementary food hygiene syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs requires all food handlers to be appropriately trained in how to carry out their roles safely.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Manufacturing course ensures that you comply with this legal responsibility by providing learners with a thorough introduction to the correct food handling practices.
The course is suitable for food handlers of all disciplines in the food and drink manufacturing industry.
If you are a manager or supervisor in the food and drink manufacturing industry, then our Level 3 Food Hygiene For Manufacturing Course is more suitable for you
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Additionally, this course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, quality content that teaches good practice standards.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and approved by Environmental Health Officers: the training materials have been independently reviewed and are verified as containing the necessary knowledge to achieve the level of training specified.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand your responsibilities, and those of your employer, under UK and EU food hygiene regulations, and be able to explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- Identify microbiological, physical, chemical, and allergenic hazards and understand why it’s important to control contamination and how you can control it.
- Understand how premises should be designed to reduce hazards, and be aware of your responsibilities around cleaning and pest control.
- Understand safe practices around food storage for different types of food, be able to explain the difference between ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates, and know how to carry out effective stock rotation.
- Be aware of the importance of personal hygiene, how to carry out proper handwashing procedures, and recognise when it’s important to wash your hands.
- Understand how to prepare food safely, including how to thaw, cook and cool food, as well as how to properly take food temperatures.
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don’t pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge