This Level 2 course has been designed to help anyone who handles, prepares or serves food in the catering industry understand their legal responsibilities and know what constitutes best practice in regards to controlling food safety hazards, controlling temperatures, food storage, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
Major highlights ROSPA approved course about course
- CPD U.K CERTIFIED,
- ROSPA U.K APPROVED,
- INSTITUTE OF HOSPITALITY U.K ENDORED,
- ENVIRONMENAL HEALTH OFFICER AUDITED AND APPROVED
- Equals to royal society for public health (RSPH)U.K and chartered institute of environmental health (CIEH) U.K syllabus
- Same as royal environmental health institute of Scotland (REHIS) elementary food hygiene syllabus
- Meets UK and EU guidelines for food businesses
Who Should Take This Course?
The course is suitable for food handlers in all disciplines of the catering sector, including restaurants, hotels, cafes, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
- Chef / Cook
- Catering / Kitchen Assistant
- Supervisor etc.
How our training certificate helps you on your career
- Mandatory qualification: having food safety and hygiene training is mandatory for food handlers in all type of food industry form cafeteria to hotel to catering to store,
- Boost your career prospects: Safety is an integrated part of hospitality sector so career growth without food safety knowledge is almost impossible in food industry. Having an internationally recognized certificate can boost career prospects for everyone who wishes to achieve the long term career in food industry in home and abroad with attractive package
- Updated and competitive : Our internationally accredited courses can provide the extensive knowledge about the food safety, and HACCP practice that can help individual to be up dated and make more dynamic and competent in to the job market.
- Confidence:- extensive knowledge about the food safety/HACCP procedure can develop the confidence to the candidates and also having the internationally certified qualification can also add the confidence level to the candidates
- Improve their knowledge and expertise : The food safety training provides candidates with the latest and standard food hygiene methods with the help of well-researched and approved written study material, interactive exercises and informative video content to help students improve their knowledge and expertise in food safety responsibilities
- Eligible for next level qualification: greater level qualification greater opportunity with greater facility
By the end of the course you will
- Understand your responsibilities, and those of your employer, food hygiene regulations, and be able to explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- Identify microbiological, physical, chemical, and allergenic hazards and understand why it’s important to control contamination and how you can control it.
- Understand how premises should be designed to reduce hazards, and be aware of your responsibilities around cleaning and pest control.
- Understand safe practices around food storage for different types of food, be able to explain the difference between ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates, and know how to carry out effective stock rotation.
- Be aware of the importance of personal hygiene, how to carry out proper hand washing procedures, and recognize when it’s important to wash your hands.
- Understand how to prepare food safely, including how to thaw, cook, cool, reheat, and hold hot food, as well as how to properly take food temperatures.