HACCP was jointly developed by Pillsbury Organization and NASA in the 1960s with an Objective to provide food products for astronaut consumption in space It is a management tool to ensure food safety. HACCP has been endorsed by National Academy of Sciences, the Codex Alimentarius Commission (an international food standard-setting organization), and National Advisory Committee on microbiological criteria for Foods. The Seven Principles of HACCP have been universally accepted by Govt. Agencies, trade associations, and the food industry around the world.
Food safety is a global concern. It is the responsibility of all individuals in the food chain. Since foods are highly regulated sector around the world and food safety is an issue of great concern, all countries have imposed standards by regulation be it the USA or EC or even Nepal. These standards not only cover product requirements but increasingly HACCP.
What is HACCP?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control points) is a very useful commercial business tool that can be used to improve the quality of food product; ensure the safety of food products and reduce the risk of food poisoning. It is an internationally recognized Methodology for preventing food safety hazards. HACCP uses a system of motoring Critical Control Points (CCP) at steps in a food production process where a potential critical hazard to food safety has been identified. The goal for HACCP is to develop a system, which is built on preventing problems before they occur. The safety of the food product is built into the process of producing the product rather than relying on inspection only after food has been prepared. This system truly puts the responsibility for producing safe food in the hands of industry, including not only management but also individuals who handle food products. This is why staff training is such an important part of the HACCP implementation process. Food safety systems based on the HACCP principles have been successfully applied in food processing plants, retail food stores, and food-service operation
Highlights of the HACCP course
- Equals to royal Society for public health (RSPH), U.K. and chartered institute of environmental health (CIEH) UK syllabus
- Same as royal environmental health institute of Scotland (REHIS) elementary food hygiene syllabus
- Meets UK and EU guidelines for food businesses
- Certification: next day of online assessment
- Learning method: Classroom
- level 2: One day
- level 3: Two days
- E-learning Course duration: 7 days
(Himalayan safety solution provide all the assistance including the availability of trainer and classroom practice also)
- Online assessment test at the end of the training
- 30 multiple-choice questions pas mark of 80% for level-3 & 70% for level-2
- Result disclosed immediately at the end of the test
If you do not get the required pass percentage, you can study the course material and write again till you prove your competency and secure the pass marks with no extra charges for the re-tests.
- These courses are recognized by the CPD U.K. certification services which confirm that students are trained as per the internationally accepted continuous professional development (CPD) procedures.
- This course is also approved by ROSPA (Royal Society for the prevention of accidents) for offering quality and content-approved training.
- This course has been checked and certified by Environmental health officer who screened all the training materials and verified for having necessary information, knowledge, and details to train students to the specified level
- This course is best for food technology, and hotel management and hospitality students in terms of career growth.
- It is mandatory to have a HACCP safety knowledge for people who are involved in the food beverage and similar hospitality industries.
- Law stipulates that food and similar business that should have sustainable quality, health safety (HSE) management system to maintain food quality and reduce accidents. So this is mandatory for related industries to appoint competent food safety, quality to maintain QHSE management system in most of the countries in the world. This creates an opportunity for you to start a reputed & long term career in this sector.
- With the increasing globalization, the food and beverage industries/hospitality industries also increasing widely so one can also join this course because of its large scope in the domestic and international market.
- This course is the best option for anyone who wishes to achieve a long term career in life abroad because it is very demanding profession abroad.
- Safety is an integrated part of the hospitality sector especially food beverage industries, hotel. catering, etc so career growth without safety knowledge is almost impossible.
- Through this course, you can join government and non-government sectors also.
- Eligible for next level, greater level qualification greater opportunity with greater facility.
- Food safety officer/inspector/manage, food safety hygienist
- Quality controller, quality assurance inspector/officer/supervisor/manager
- HACCP Team lead, HACCP coordinator, food safety quality technician Food quality Inspector
- Plant Manager
- Purchase Manager
- Catering event, front office. public house manager
- Kitchen Stewarding Supervisor, Chef
- Guest Relation Executive (GRE)
- Assistant Manager Administration
- Hotel, Restaurant, Captain/manager
- Housekeeping Associate/Team leader
- Food Processing Equipment Designer
- Food & Beverage manager